Saturday, June 28, 2008

At the Beach and with the Birds

Yesterday Mei and I went to the bird park, which is quite amazing actually. There were birds from all over the world, penguins, toucans, flamingos, pelicans, parrots etc. All of them were amazingly beautiful. The park has a lot of bird shows that go on where they invite members of the audience up to talk to the birds and hold them etc. Mostly it is for younger children which was fun to watch. We went to the birds of prey show which was great! They had trained the birds to fly over the crowd - very, very close to the crowd. So about five times I had my head between my knees so an Asian Vulture didn't mistake my pony tail for a tasty lunch treat!!
Me at the southern most point of the Asia continent. Still haven't made it south of the equator though... next trip I guess.
Holding two macaws (I think) at the insect museum.
As promised, the mating butterflies. I think they were the most photographed of any of the butterflies there - after we found them, there was a small line of people taking pictures. So much for privacy during intimacy
Mei and I being goofy while trying to cool down - it is quite humid and hot around here.
The hermaphroditic butterfly - enough said
Ahhh - beautiful Santosa!! Fun times here :)



No comments: