Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A few days in Bombay

So I made it to Bombay!! I mentioned to a few people that India feels like a bit of a 'safe haven.' I mean this in the sense that traveling around semi-alone is scary and not knowing what you will be doing next or where to go for different this can be hard, and in India - I don't have this problem. I know how to "do" India. So I'm quitely enjoying my few days here in my comfort zone before heading out again into the storm of the unknown of Southeast Asia.

Monsoons are here in Mumbai. Everything is wet and sticky including myself most of the time. It's mostly fun because the weather is cool and the rain is a good time. However, when you are drenched and clothes are sticking to you and your hair is all screwy because of the humidity, it gets a bit old. I'm ready for the desert of Ladakh! Here are some pics of my few days back in a bit of my old home - I love India!! The Sea-Link bridge being built to connect Bandra to Worli. It looked awesome in the fog/rain!

Rugved is also in Bombay now so I spent the afty with him exlporing his part of the city. I was invited to stay for dinner and meet his amazing parents!!

Uncle and Auntie Pathare - so amazingly wonderful people!

Fabric shopping - always a good time! So many options!!

I'm off to catch up with some old IIT friends tonight for dinner then tomorrow Sidd and I will be exploring more of the city, maybe catch another movie (we saw Sex and the City the other day - okay movie) Then we depart for Ladakh!! Yay!!!

4 comments:

Vartika said...

you are in Mumbai
In monsoons
and leaving for Ladakh!
I am all green with envy!
have a blast girl!!!

Mary Ellen Hicks said...

Hey Big!! I love your blog!! I'm glad that you are having such a wonderful time! I love you lots and I can't wait to see you when you get home and I get home! We are such an awesome world-traveling fam! :-)
Love, your little!!

Anonymous said...

More details! Oh and if you talk to your mom ask her if she got your jacket and such.

Glad your having fun! Stay dry.

Jenny said...

I´m so jealous that Katie gets to do all these fun things with you! I would trade my whole trip in Spain to be with you right now! I hope we can do something like this in the future. I´m all caught up on your blog now... !!! Can´t wait to hear more! Miss you so much! Hugs!
Lova