Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A bit of my time here in the UAE

So what I've learned about the UAE since traveling around it a bit is that if you don't like to shop then you better like the heat. The malls are super impressive, just huge stories of all types of shops but just like the ones at home - one in particular reminds me of Cheery Creek Mall back in CO. If you don't like to shop, then you are going to spend a lot of time outside either at the beach or just looking at the awesome buildings. Both Dubai and Abu Dhabi are just huge cities with very unique buildings and they are adding to them at an alarming rate. Here are some of the fun things I've seen.Me in a goofy chair in one of the shops at Marina Mall, a huge mall in Abu Dhabi

Me in front of the Emirates palace - note the cranes and construction going on behind

Abu Dhabi skyline - everything looks very hazy, and I'm not sure if it is humidity or pollution, but I can never find a horizon because of this haze.

Mosque in Dubai - the mosques here in general are very beautiful

The Emirates palace - this is the big hotel in Abu Dhabi, and it is HUGE

The Famous Burj Al-Arab. This is the 7 star hotel in Dubai, you aren't allowed inside without a booking, rooms start at about $2000 - I think...

1 comment:

Vartika said...

Ahh! Dubai!
reminds me of my Christmas eve!
the posts and pics are great girl!
you are really having a great time post-graduation and pre-India visit!