Friday, June 27, 2008

Singapore!

Hey all!!
I made it to Singapore and Mei was at the airport to greet me. It is great to catch up with her and to see her again. We cruised around a bit after I got in and ate at a place they call a "hawkers market" which is basically a giant food court. Everything is pretty inexpensive and you order plates from different booths and they deliver it to a table for you and you all share everything family style. So for dinner I ate a lot of squid, oysters, chicken, and... STINGRAY!! It is quite nice, stingray is... very light flavor and texture similar to chicken breast.

Today Mei and I went to Santosa Island where I got to see the southern most point of continental Asia - pics coming soon. It was fun to lay on the beach and relax. We also went to an insect/butterfly museum which was fun. we found two butterflies making little butterflies - again pic coming soon.

I'm planning my trip into Malaysia and Thailand which is fun, there is so much to do there!! I'm really quite excited about it.

Keep the emails and comments coming - I miss hearing what ppl are up to!!

No comments: