Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Desert and the hot springs

I got to travel around Abu Dhabi a bit the other day to Al-Ain, a town about an hour and a half from Abu Dhabi. This town doesn't have much to do or see other than a hot springs area and a mountain which provides really great views of the desert (during the day - I was there at night). It was fun to get out of Abu Dhabi for a bit, here are some pics.The desert on our way out of Abu Dhabi, the sand is a really nice red color

Me at the hot springs. It was piped out of this man made rock down a stream so people can sit along and enjoy the water, but it's like 100F outside and the water is hot, so why would you want to soak in it, I really don't know - I just touched it, haha

The springs were surrounded by these rocky hills which were really fun to climb. I would have loved to just explore around them and hike a bit, moving my body felt really good after being inside for so long. (can you see me?)

View from the to of the hill that I climbed, I kept thinking mom would find this place really fun because of all the layers in the rocks and such - hehe

View from the top of the mountain/hill over the city of Al Ain. It really was beautiful at night, but I can only imagine what it looks like during the day or at sunset with the desert - very pretty I'm sure!


Sara had her last day of school today so in celebration she and a few friends rented a Hummer limo to take them around the city. Madonna and I got to tag along so I spent my afternoon cruisin' Abu Dhabi in a limo - pretty sweet huh?

We might head to Dubai tonight then a water park tomorrow, but we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is rediculous (SP?) You were in one of those stretch hummer things!? Score.

Hope you're having fun.