Sunday, July 13, 2008

A bit of my diving... Koh Tao!!

So I spent the last few days (five days and four nights) on Koh Tao, and island off the eastern coast of Thailand learning to SCUBA dive. It was totally amazing and 100% fun and wonderful. 50% was the breathing underwater, 10% was the novelty of being in Thailand, and the remaining 40% were the great people got to learn and hang out with. A group of about 8 of us hung out all day from morning dives to night time beers and fire twirls. It was great!! Here are the snaps!!

Emma - my Irish roommate on the boat during the last day of my dive class. She has been diving since she was 13... her dad runs a dive shop in Dublin... I now have an open invitation to dive in Ireland - SWEET!
Some of the gang - Norbert (yes all I can think about is Harry Potter's Dragon...), me, Laura, Ornella, and our instructor Zigor. We are chillin on the roof of the boat.
Our dive site!! We dove on either side of this small island.

Home sweet home for Emma and I - our own little beach shack

The wonderful inside - fortunately we didn't have to spoon :)

So now I'm in Bangkok shopping and having a very fun time. At some point I'll tell everyone who remembers to ask about the Philippine who taught me how to cheat at gambling and wanted me to help him swindle money out of other gamblers for a 50/50 split of the winnings... um no thanks!!

Looking forward to CA though - yay for visiting the best Greek Family ever!! Gonna miss the little and grand little, and great grand little though... *hugs*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet. I always wanted to learn to scuba dive. You'll jave to tell me all about it. Where's the wetsuit/ mask / fin pics?? I def hope you got some of those. Can't wait to talk to u when u get back. Gas is crazy now but I wanted to hit up broad ripple this weekend so I figured I'd just ride to indy. S I did. But I still have a feeling ur weekend was cooler than mine. Take care. Gotta go to bed now. Legs hurt so good. Peace!!

Unknown said...

Man, I wish I could get certified to SCUBA dive! I wouldn't be doing my job as "Harry Potter fanatic" if I didn't comment and say that it was Hagrid's dragon in the Harry Potter series. LOL. :-P Sorry, I'm an ass! Talk to you soon I hope!