Monday, July 14, 2008

BANGKOK!!

So I'm finishing up my trip in Bangkok. I got many mixed reviews from other travelers on how much they loved or hated Bangkok so I didn't really know what to expect. I came in with an open mind and a wallet full of Baht for my spending pleasure - turns out that is the way to go in Bangkok. I'm staying at a place which costs 200B a night (about $7) with my own bathroom! I've been shopping at roadside stalls and trying my hand at bargining... but I'm not very good. Never the less when I buy a pair of capri pants for under $5 I guess I can't complain. As far as the shopping goes, my biggest purchase hands down of the entire trip even bigger than my coat in Morocco is my custom made suit. I decided to have a suit tailored while I'm here and surrounded by so many tailors. It's going to be beautiful when it is finished and I'll be sure to post a picture or two of it. Get excited!! Here are the snaps from the last few days :) enjoy!

Weekend market... this is a baby squirrel that I can buy as a pet.. maybe I should have and trained it to chase the Purdue squirrels (haha)

Baby parrot/bird things also for sale at the market

Famous floating market. Used to be really authentic and culturally unique, it has succumb to the tourist trap routine unfortunately :(

GIANT table and chairs at the Thai Arts and Crafts store - this is 'big people furniture' Daddy!

My historically significant stop - the bridge over the R Kwai. I can't decide if they hate America for bombing it so many times during WWII or if they were really happy that we were able to stop the Japanese from invading Burma and getting to India... very confusing

Super fun stop at the Tiger Temple! These are two little baby tiger cubs, super playful

I feel like I'm posing for my senior pictures again - but doesn't the tiger look drugged? It's not, I promise :)

Yay! Getting to spend some time with the tigers, how many times have you touched the tummy of a tiger?? (me - at least three now)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

AAAhhh! I want to pet a tiger! That's so amazing! Thanks for all the pics and updates!

~jess