Saturday, February 21, 2015

Chaffing... Moving more has it's downsides - TMI?

This might be classified as TMI (too much information) for some people, but I'm going to share anyway.  I currently have a chaffing problem and it hurts.  I rode 32 miles today on a pretty challenging course (one long, never ending climb...) and noticed some saddle irritation around mile 25ish.  There is a lot going on down there when you are on a bike fore that long.  There is the motion of your legs spinning, the pressure of yourself in the saddle, the rocking motion that comes with going up and down hill, the side to side as you try to adjust for a more comfortable or less compressing position, etc.  Your bike shorts are super important in helping to minimize any discomfort or heaven forbid, injury.  I have been wearing these particular shorts for the better part of two years (although only 1 of which I was doing any real riding) and never had this issue.  I also had the foresight to use a little bag balm in my saddle region prior to going out today also!

Yet I sit here now, with a chaffing problem.  Walking now sorta hurts.  The thought of getting on a bike again - pretty repulsive.  I feel like I should go buy some diaper rash cream - that's good for chaffing right?

In regards to my "move more" resolution, I'm doing pretty good.  So good that I have a rash from it, haha.

No comments: