Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February is half over?!

I know, I know, February is the shortest month, so it goes by quick.  But what happened to February??  I mean really now?!  Quick update on resolutions and life:

  • I'm reading the Mistborn series which came recommended by the boyfriend.  I'm not halfway through as I should be to keep up with my "book a month" goal, but I'm sure I'll catch up!
  • I've missed the last 2 weeks of training rides for my metric century - one due to weather and cancellation of the ride, and this weekend as I had my mom visiting and didn't want to miss time with her while I drove an hour to the site to ride for 3 hours to drive an hour back.  I have started spinning again in an attempt to put some "miles on my tires."
  • I've also not been cooking as much recently.  Mostly due to visitors, Bailey's surgery, and overall lack of interest/desire to make something.
Outside of the resolution update, life is pretty good.  Work is just okay which is starting to get old.  I'm hoping that I can get a fifth wind of "caring" and really get back to liking what I do.  I'm feeling pressured to make life decisions sooner than I want to make them which is adding to the stress of the situation.  

I've been feeling a bit "dull" recently.  Sort of bored with myself.  I'm not sure what that means, but it's like if I were to meet myself at a party/event, I wouldn't want to hang out with me because I'm boring.  Not a good feeling.  Not sure how to undo that or fix it or what, but I'm getting a lot of negative energy coming from my own thoughts in the last few months and I really don't like it.  Hard to be happy when you don't like who you're with all the time.  So goes the struggle.

Beyond that - it's each day as it comes and a making the best of the place I am with the people I have.  The place is awesome and the people are outstanding - the rest is just my attitude which, coincidentally, is 100% in my control. 


No comments: