Friday, April 27, 2007

Birthday celebrations

Well it happened.... I turned 21. No pomp no circumstance just fact. I did consume some alcohol as seems fitting for the event. But more importantly I spent it with the people I care the most about in India, my wonderful Singaporean counterparts and Siddharth. A cute story to sum up a quite simply and pleasant birthday:
12:01 am April 23rd, my phone rings. It's Sidd asking me to come outside and meet him for a bit. I went outside my hostel where I got a big hug and a flower and a "Happy Birthday Babe." We walked around the campus a bit before he set me down on some bleachers in our sports field. He told me to close my eyes and not peek!! So I did and I saw a faint glow form, he had lit a candle. He told me open my eyes, and in front of my was a chocolate muffin with a single candle. He said if I sang you happy birthday it wouldn't be nice so I wont. I tried to blow out my candle but it was one of those tricky relighting candles. As a result I made about 20 wishes!!

The day went on with little excitement until the Singaporeans and Sidd showed up with a cake and 21 candles (again the tricky relighting ones....) We also had a few drinks (yes Jenny I took a shot for you) and over all had a nice time. I must say that I don't think I could have asked for a better birthday. If I were home, chances are I wouldn't remember it... thank goodness for India!!

Here are some pics, enjoy!Blowing out the candles
Chowing down on some AMAZING cake
Double birthday kisses
Siddharth and I with the tasty cake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU! I WISH I COULD'VE BEEN THERE! can't wait to see you again!