Thursday, November 30, 2006

We can't expect perfection

There is no reason why anyone should ever expect to achieve perfection. Yet when it comes to somethings, we hope, we strive, we work to attain something hopefully very close to flawless. I was all set to head to Chicago today to FINALLY obtain my student visa for India. I had my paperwork filled out, I had my financial arrangements papers, my passport, my money, everything all set except one little detail. I only had a copy of my admittance papers from IIT, not the original signed copy. I called and asked the consulate if this would be okay but I couldn't get a hold of anyone and seeing as it is quite the time commitment for me to go to Chicago I couldn't justify taking the risk of being turned away because of this. So why don't I just get the original you ask? Because it is currently in the wonderful process of being mailed to me. It was scanned and emailed to me the same day it was air mailed, yet I have yet to receive the paperwork. I've got only a limited number of days until I'm supposed to be on a plane and I do not have a visa... I'm trying really hard to stay calm and trust that it will all work out. I just hope this doesn't' destroy my plans and everything I've been looking forward to for almost a year and a half now.

I just wish this was a little more perfect...

*25 days*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Don't worry...about a thing...'cus every little thing is going to be alright* Funny how Bob Marley just happened to come on when I was reading that. Really though, I'm sure it will all come together in the end. Of course that doesn't really include the stress before it all comes together, but have faith! I know I do. You're leaving so soon! It's scary. I don't want to think about it yet though. Afterall, we have a Melting Pot date to look forwards to first, right? We should try to set up a specific date for that sometime, but we'll get there eventually. Miss you, but I'll see you soon! Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

that is soo crazy- funny how no matter how much we plan, it never seems to work...it will all work out well and if you ever need me to do anything- just let me know!
Yay- by the way! i am so glad i finally took the time to read these and can't wait for many blogging adventures! you looked so beautiful last night and i can't wait to see you tuesday! love you grandbig!! :)