Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Internship

I just turned down my General Mills offer for the summer of 2007 internship in LA California. I am going on complete faith now that GE will pull through in India. I've been told numerous times that they are expecting me and that I most definitely have an offer and a job this summer. GEARE hasn't let me down yet so I'm sure it will in fact all work out but there is something disconcerting about turning down offers based simply on a verbal promise from a professor. On the plus side it is was cool to have an offer to turn down. General Mills really seems like an amazing company with all types of great people working there. I had a great plant trip with them and I will most definitely consider them for full time employment upon graduation. I'm hoping to have a bunch more offers to weigh come November/ December next year. It's been fun to see all the seniors going to plant trips all over the country and hearing about the recruiting process, I hope to be that lucky. I suppose I'll have a pretty good shot with international work experience under my belt, but then again I may have a GPA problem after taking my classes at IIT. I'm not sure how to explain that to recruiters... sorry my GPA is crappy, but I failed this class at IIT!! I doubt that will be as impressive to hear about. HAHA oh well, I'm sure I'll be fine, it's not like everyone at IIT is partying it up and never studying so I'll be in an environment that is conducive to extreme studying. CAN'T WAIT!!

*35 days*

No comments: