Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My mom's visit, birthday wishes, and a picture extravaganza

First and foremost - a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful little sis!! Mary Ellen (little) I love you so much and I'm very bummed I can't be around to celebrate the big 2-0 with you. I miss you and think about you every day!! In honor of you, here is a picture of you, Anne and I when we first became family!! I love you so much! I hope you are super happy! My mom has come and gone and it feels like it was such a tease of a visit. It was wonderful to have her in India. I loved being able to share a bit of my world with her, take her to the places I hang out, introduce her to my friends, have her eat my favorite foods, and just spend time. Too bad the three days she was here was not long enough. She and her friend Sally came for three days before jet setting off to north India for two weeks. Unfortunately I had class in the mornings which cut down on a lot of the time I could spend with her. We had a lot of fun though when together, like I said, just showing her a bit of my world over here. Siddharth and I took mom and Sally to south Mumbai for an afternoon which was a very great time. I exposed her to the Mumbai local train, which turned out to be just fine despite the warnings of all my friends (Sidd included.) I still don't believe that any trip to Bombay is complete without experiencing the train - I love it! Here are some pictures of our outings around IIT and in the city!!Mom and I at Mocha's - my FAVORITE coffee shop, I spend A LOT of time here :)

Mom, Sally, and I at Hira Nandani... yes there is a KFC here - a Pizza Hut too

This is the Gateway of India in the Colaba area of Mumbai
Chowpatty Beach is a 'beach' in south Mumbai which offers a pretty nice view of some of the downtown area.Siddharth and I at lunch out our afternoon in downtown.
This is a monkey on campus about 20 seconds before he nearly attacked me. There was a family of monkeys who all started to squeak and approach me. You can't tell but in this picture I'm about 2 feet from the monkey... just a typical day on campus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I love the pictures. I really miss you, Purdue just isn't the same!