Monday, March 05, 2007

My new favorite holiday

When I was little if someone asked me what my favorite holiday was I would respond with Christmas or my birthday depending upon which was closer. Of course Halloween would get added into the mix, because what little kid doesn't love a holiday that results in enormous amounts of chocolate. Halloween would quickly fade into Christmas once my mom started making fudge and the stockings got hung up. After Santa's gone, I started to look forward to my birthday, but now I have a new holiday to add to my bimonthly rotational favorites... Holi. Holi is the Hindu festival of color. It was crazy amounts of fun. I was covered from head to toe in blue, green, red, pink, yellow, purple. It was so much fun. There was Indian music and dancing all mixed with people rushing at you with colored powder rubbing it on your face wishing you a happy holi. It was wonderful. Pau and Jeannie!!!
Now it's Monday so I'm back to the grind!

Countdown : 20days!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

let's see some pictures, allison!
thank you for being there for me this weekend. i needed you :-)
also, 20 days until what?!

Anonymous said...

that sounds crazy. . .pictures are definitely needed. for some reason it reminds me of mud volleyball! he he he

Allison said...

Pictures are coming!! I'm working on it I promise!!

The countdown is until my mommy comes!!