Saturday, March 02, 2013

Rajastahn Photos!

Ok - we've got internet for a bit, so here are some more pictures!  We are having such fun!  Meeting fun people, eating AMAZING food, laughing a lot and being thoroughly impressed with just about every aspect of India.  I feel like I'm falling in love all over again.

Sidd and I in the jeep on the way to the family village in Jodhpur.
Katie and I in our village hut with the BEAUTIFUL scarf that Sidd's mother gifted to me.
Also, the red tikas on our foreheads were put on by the family upon our arrival.  It was placed along with a yarn bracelet in a blessing. 

We took a walk to a hill to watch the sunset and came across a goat herder and his goats. 

Sidd makes friends with his own kind everywhere he goes... yes I mean 12 year old boys.
P.S. He's the tall one.
We made our way to the Red Fort in Jodipur proper and Katie got to go on her first auto-rickshaw ride.
Katie and I got the audio tour at Red Fort so we could learn as much as possible.  And for the sexy affect the headphones gave all our photos!
The view of Jodipur (known as the blue city) from Red Fort over the mouth of one of the cannons.  You can see the walls of the old part of the city are painted with indigo giving them a blue hue.  The indigo is supposed to also serve as a bug repellent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so envious.everything about the trip sounds wonderful. The saris looked beautiful on you both! And the TajMahal...amazing. Love, Aunt Harriet

umesh-aruna said...

We are happy that you both enjoyed your visit.