Thursday, June 03, 2010

Sacred Valley

Our trip is winding down to an end. Katie and I have done the ´Chu and today we spent the entire day exploring the rest of the Sacred Valley. A few more photos for viewing enjoyment are posted below. Tomorrow marks the beginning of our adventure back to the States. We fly from Cusco to Lima in the late morning, then kill about 6 hours in Lima before getting on an airplane at 11:55PM heading for JFK to land at 8:45AM on Saturday. It´s been an awesome trip and I am so lucky to have such a great friend to travel with. Katie - thanks for making this yet another unforgettable experience!

Katie and I on a cute little pub balcony watching the Corpis Christi parade go by. I have no idea what the parade was about but I think the entire town showed up for it!

At one of the ruins in the Sacred Valley... Pesac I think...

Hangin´in the ruins


Katie enjoying the Ollytatambo ruins. I think these were my favorite ruins of the day, even though it was another stair master event like Machu Picchu. I´ve decided the Incas were really really fit people.


The Sacred Valley - I can understand why a place this beautiful is so revered and special!

The ´double door jam´that indicates a doorway into someplace sacred or religiously significant. I didn´t know what a double door jam was until Katie explained.


Three women showing us the traditional technique of dying yarn for weaving. Grean on the far left, red in the middle, and yellow on the right. Pretty interesting actually because they use all natural dyes. The red dye is actually made from insects!!

2 comments:

ICLLC said...

Like

Katie's aunt said...

Thanks again for taking the time to blog. Lauren and I really enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading about the climb, etc. Wish I could have gone too.