Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Brazil Preparations - Communication

In my efforts to prepare for Brazil I purchased a new netbook laptop. I did this so I can take it with me when I travel all over the country to continue to update the blog and chat with friends and family. So far I really like it! It is small and the keyboard and screen take some getting used to. I will admit that working on a larger screen is nice, but it can do everything I need it to do. It is a darling blue Asus Eee PC.

I also set up my Skype account and bought an on-line phone number so my friends can call me directly without paying crazy international fees! Also, I will have my current cell number forward to my online number so I can receive all my normal calls too! I've got to look into receiving text messages though.... not sure how that will work. I also have a voice mail account so anyone can leave me messages if I miss you! Lastly I also bought a subscription to make calls to the US for a full year. Thus, I can call my friends on their phones just as easily as they can call me. I'm pretty happy with the set up and it seems to work well!


Don't forget that there is also Facebook and GChat/GTalk in addition to Skype and my blog. I'm trying to be as connected as I can to stay in touch with as many people as I can!

In other news, I found Inca Kola in a grocery store in Manhatten.... I was not pleased....

No comments: