Monday, August 17, 2009

Hello NYC!

I've made the transition to the big apple! I'm living in NYC now starting my second year long stint with Unilever. I'm really excited to be having another great adventure in another great mega city. I already miss Chicago, my wonderful friends there, the feelings of familiarity, and the subtle smell of soap that seemed to cover everything I owned... But as with most of my posts, pictures do better than words - Enjoy!!NYC is home now - and home is wherever this little sign hangs :)


Lacy (my new roommate!) and I at our friend's going away party.

View from my bedroom at sunset. We live on the 20th floor (yay us!)

Our 'snug' living space. The apartment is comfortably sized but snug is a good word for it.

The view from my window with more daylight

My bedroom! Mom, see how the bed is made? Aren't you proud!?


Last weekend I went to CT to visit Katie. It is always a wonderful time to be with her but this weekend was extra awesome because we played MUD VOLLEYBALL! Her and some friends from her work signed up for this event along with ~150 other teams. It was crazy how many muddy people there were running around. A total of 24 courts were used, and it was so much fun!!

All the courts, see how much mud?!

Cleaning myself off in the fire hose (note the awesome pink shorts)

The best team ever! (ok maybe not... but we had a blast anyway!)
*note the duct tape on our shoes, if you didn't duck tape them, they would be stuck in the mud forever - possibly*

PEACE NOW!! Not later, NOW!
*all items in this photograph were purchased for the sole purpose of mud volleyball, the only surviving article of clothing were the hot pink shorts - thank goodness!*

2 comments:

Daniel said...

The guitar there next to your bed, does it get any use? ;)

Sidd said...

Nice Bedroom :)