Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fun things and First Day

Yes, there are cows in India, and yes they simply roam around. This picture is on the main road that goes through campus. Yes, we have cows roaming through campus.
As my days progress I think of funny little thing that have happened to me so here is a brief list of silly things I'd like to share:
* My towel turns my hands blue and doesn't actually dry me off
* A dog sat through my Kinetics and Mass Transfer II classes today
* I encountered two monkeys, one of which I scared simply by looking at it
* When I purchased my cell phone, I was informed that I was in India as if I had forgotten
* We eat four meals a day here my favorite being tiffin
* I can buy a cup of coffee for Rs 9 ~= 25 cents


As I think of more random tidbits I will post them. I'm having a great time so far - and class will be interesting. Day 1 it's a bit hard to judge style or material, but I think I'll manage.

*smiling*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison,

I saw your mom at church Sunday & she told me of your adventure. I asked her to send me your blog link so I could follow you along in your travels. I am so proud of you and amazed at your courage. I am very jealous of your shoe shopping opportunities. Looking forward to hearing more.
An old friend. Love, Sonja (Uniteen teacher)
*Does this feel a little like "This is Your Life"?

Anonymous said...

hey girl, its been really fun hanging out with you. Thanks for everything. You are a sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

so, they speak english in your classes??

Anonymous said...

Hey! Allison, I enjoyed your blog. I'm not sure how to send this since it's my first time looking at a blog. so here goes.

Allison said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! And of course I remember you Sonja, so happy to hear from you. Hope things are well with you and your family.

Jenny - they do speak English as it is the common language in India.