Sunday, July 03, 2011

Tchauzinho!

The tag line for my blog is "In an attempt to keep my roots while desperately using my wings... these are my adventures."  Sometimes I think that is odd as all I seem to do is uproot and never maintain them.  However, it is intended as a metaphor for trying to keep in touch, keep my family and friends close even though I tend to wander.  I find I do the most growing during these moments of transition.  While I am struggling to say goodbye (see you laters!) to those people who have put their hand prints on my heart (cliche, I know) I am simultanously trying to start over.  It is a conflicting state to be in, when you are saying goodbye with one side, and hello with the other.  Just a few days ago I was hugging and crying as I wished many people the best, and today I am trying to prep myself to meet a new group of potential friends.  That is a lot for the mind, and particularly the heart, to adjust to. During these moments, I find myself relying on the cliches, the words of wisdom of those around me to get me through.  "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened."

Before leaving Brazil, my great group of friends there had a wonderful dinner for me.  It once again reminded me how many amazing people I have in my life.  While I cried when I said "see you later" to them all, it is nice to have these pictures of us smiling and laughing to remind myself of all the great times we had.  
Sandra and I - from the very first day (literally!) to the very last day, Sandra was there for it all.  Love her for that and many, many other reasons. 

Carol and I!  One of my favorite Brazilian memories (churrasco, soccer, volleyball, poker, Trucou!) I owe to Carol for bringing me along and including me in her world. 

The Girls!

Carlos and Pia, Camila, Sandra and I - Such great, great people.
Thank you to all my great Brazilian friends for an experience that was challenging in ways I could not have imagined and rewarding in quantities beyond measure.  Tchauzinho mas, realmente ate logo! Lembra que voces sempre tem um convite pra EUA, minha casa esta aqui pra voces sempre!

Beijos pra todos!

No comments: