Saturday, July 14, 2007

Being home and traveling around

I'm home as I stated in my most recent blog. After an amazing week back in Colorado I jet-setted off to the Twin Cities to attend my sorority sisters wedding. (yes I am an engineer and yes I am in a sorority so all you women out there thinking it's too much, give Greek Life a Shot!) It has been so wonderful to spend time with my sisters again and laugh like no time has passed. Though the weird thing about being home is now I have stories to tell that start like this " This one afternoon I was in Calcutta and was getting my sandals repaired by a guy on the street... " or "While I was in an over night bus from Ooty..." or "When was on the road side eating pani puri and chatting with my boyfriend...." Those are moments that really drive home the fact that I was abroad. When I got home everyone asked me what it feels like to be home, and honestly it feels the same as when I left. It is as if I went to sleep for a weekend and woke up with a lot more stuff.

Anyway after leaving St. Paul I head to NYC and DC to spend some time sight seeing here in the USA. Then it is off to Long Island to visit the grandparents. Oh yeah then there is the getting back to Purdue two weeks early to go through RA training!!! Yup I might be one of your RAs! Pretty exciting!!!


3 comments:

Daniel said...

Three things:
1) Good to hear you are back safe and all that goodness.
2) I had no idea you were going to be an RA!
3) Long Island! Long Island! I have family in Long Island also haha. Actually I think Bryan might as well. Small world. I used to go there alot when I was a little kid and hang out with the family there.

Vikash said...

keep in touch. :)

Anonymous said...

Allison!!

It was so amazing to get to see you last weekend! I hope all your travels continue to go well!

Miss you already! :)